Direct links to CAUL survey results have been removed from the public pages of the website. Members may login to view the results directly. A public listing without links is now available, in part, and will be completed in the near future.
Guidelines for the Conduct of CAUL Surveys
The following principles are used (to varying degrees) in surveying CAUL and responding to such surveys:
For the surveyor:
- Surveys may be conducted by any CAUL member, or their representative.
- Surveys are generally, and preferably, conducted by email to the CAUL email list, ie email directly to email@example.com (by a list member only)
- Include in the subject line of the email message the subject of the survey, the date and the name of the institution e.g. BENCHMARKING SURVEY (QUT 22/4/10) It helps if the subject is typed in upper case.
- Nominate a closing date for responses, preferably not less than two weeks.
- Include the responses of the surveying institution, as a guide to the intention of the questions.
- Summarise all responses after the closing date, and forward the responses to the CAUL Office for uploading to the survey register. If you plan to present the responses in spreadsheet format, you may wish to use the survey template for Excel.
NB: ethics clearance is not required for CAUL surveys. CAUL surveys are neither research, nor are they institution-based. Responses do not require personal information to be provided. (Name and contact details are not considered to be personal information in this context.)
Surveys from other lists populated by CAUL institution staff are also captured for the CAUL survey register e.g. from the datasets list, the CAIRSS list, the dalianz list, etc
For the respondents:
1. Send the replies only to the surveying institution, which is responsible for summarising and reporting the responses to the rest of CAUL.
2. Use the email "Reply" facility wherever possible, to keep the subject and the content of the message intact, or as a last resort, repeat the subject line from the original message.
3. Respond by the requested date.