Under the Constitution the Board has the power to create and manage governance instruments including regulations, policy and procedures. That Board itself is governed by a Charter which outlines its role and responsibilities.
Governance documents include:
- The Board Charter
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Conflict of interest policy
- Risk management framework
The Board is responsible for establishing a strategic plan in alignment with CAUL’s mission and goals. The 2017-2019 Strategic Plan is operationalised as two programs:
- Fair, affordable and open access to knowledge program
- Digital Dexterity – the new skills for learning and research excellence
Working groups and Committees
The Board has the power to create working groups and committees to further the business of the assocation, current working groups and committees include:
- The CAUL Finance Risk and Audit Committee is a subcommittee of the Board.