Photos (left to right from top left hand corner): Jill Benn, Bob Gerrity, Constance Wiebrands, Gwenda Thomas, Carmel O'Sullivan, Catherine Clark, Harry Rolf, Mark Sutherland
The Board consists of four (4) Directors elected from amoung the full members of CAUL and three (3) Directors appointed by the Board for their skills and experience (not required to be a member of CAUL). Elections are held each year for at least two members of the Board. Terms of office are for two years, for a maximum of three consecutive terms.
Board Members (Elected):
- Jill Benn (2018 - Sep 2021), Chair of the Board/CAUL
- Constance Wiebrands (2016 - Sep 2020), Chair of the Finance Risk and Audit Committee
- Robert Gerrity (2017 - Sep 2021), Program Director for CAUL's Content Procurement Program'
- Gwenda Thomas (2019 - Sep 2021), Director of the Board
Board Members (Appointed):
- Catherine Clark (2018 - Sep 2020), Program Director for Fair, affordable and open access to knowledge)
- Carmel O'Sullivan (2018 - Sep 2020) Program Director for Digital Dexterity – the new skills for learning and research excellence.
- Casual Vacancy (filled by appointment)
Executive Director: Mark Sutherland (Interim)
Communication & Policy Officer: Harry Rolf
The 2019 Board Calendar lists meeting dates and times, along with the key agenda items for those meetings.
Changes to Board Membership
In 2019 the Officer Roles of Chair, Deputy Chair, Chair of the Finance Risk and Audit Committee and Program Director(s) were separated from the elected and appointed positions of Director of the Board. The role of President was changed to Chair when CAUL incorporated in 2019.
In 2017, new roles of Program Directors were instituted, ex officio members of the Executive, with the two areas of work:
- Fair, affordable and open access to knowledge
- Digital Dexterity – the new skills for learning and research excellence