In pursuit of its mission, CAUL develops a national perspective on issues relevant to university libraries, provides a forum for discussion and collaboration and works to promote common interests. The CAUL Board establishes and pursues a strategic plan that aligns with the association's objectives persuant to the constituion.
CAUL Strategic Themes 2020 - 2022
Following a process of extensive consultation throughout 2019 CAUL defined four strategic themes to guide its plan of action in 2020 – 2022. The strategic themes are:
- Advancing Open Scholarship
- Building Sustainable Leadership
- Enabling a Modern Curriculum
- Respecting Indigenous Knowledge
- Strategic themes 2020 - 2022
- Strategic plans 2016 - 2019: Following a review of CAUL's committee structures & processes in 2010, the strategic plan was revised to take into account this new capacity and direction, and updated in late 2012 to take CAUL forward in 2013-2015. A complete review was undertaken in March 2014, resulting in a completely new approach to CAUL's strategic directions. In 2016 CAUL conducted a review of its 2014-2016 strategy and in March 2017 two new strategic priorities were endorsed as the CAUL 2017 - 2019 strategic plan: Fair, affordable and open access to knowledge; which rolled into the rebadged "Advancing Open Scholarship" program and Digital dexterity – the new skills for learning and research excellence program which was completed in 2019 and resulted in the establishment of a Digital Dexterity Community of Practice.
- Strategic plan 2013 - 2015
- Strategic plan 2010 - 2012