Research Repositories Community Days 2018 call for expressions of interest [Extended]
The date by which EOIs must be submitted has been extended until Close of Business Tuesday the 31st July 2018.
The program committee (Jenny McKnight, Elke Dawson, Mary-Anne Marrington, Allison Brown, Ingrid Mason, Julie Gardner, Julie Clift, Kate Croker and Harry Rolf) are busy planning the program based on feedback from last year’s event.
Based on the feedback from last year, the event will return to a two day program. There will be a mix of presentations (15 minute presentations, or leading a discussion) and opportunities to share ideas and ask questions. Each University is also invited to give a 3 minute lightning talk that should highlight achievements and developments.
Expressions of interest should be no longer than a paragraph and indicate whether you are proposing a talk with a 15 minute presentation, lightning talk or to lead discussion on a topic. First time presenters are particularly encouraged to express their interest in presenting. We will negotiate the time and format as required.
The suggested topics are based on feedback from last year's participants and topics the Program Committee consider of emerging interest.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Open access/open data projects (Researcher’s perspective)
- Customer experience, how to get buy-in from researchers and upper management
- Marketing and promotion of services, case studies and success stories
- Theses management
- Depositing success stories
- NTROs (Non-Traditional Research Outputs)
- Evidence based practice
- ARC, NHMRC updates
- News about training and professional development
- Digital preservation in repositories
Research data management
- Data repositories
- Copyright and datasets
- Connections between data management, data storage, and the repository
- Research data management
- CRIS systems and their use as repositories including for data
- Developments, improvements, changes made to repositories
- Software upgrades
- ORCID implementation and/or integration
- DOI minting for grey literature and theses
Expressions of interest should be sent to Harry Rolf at email@example.com or submitted using the form below by Close of Business Tuesday 31st July 2018 (originally Wednesday 18 July 2018).