COVID-19 Updates - 2020
This page contains links and information about sector-related news and events pertaining to COVID-19 in Australia and New Zealand.
CAUL has contacted all consortium vendors and asked them to supply details of paywalled content that they are making freely available during the COVID-19 crisis. So far CAUL has had a very strong response from vendors and collated details in a list that has been forwarded to the CAUL Content Community. CAUL will continue to update the list as further content becomes available, and will also be alerting the community in regards to any lists from other consortia or organisations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current global health emergency, along with many other organisations, CAUL has cancelled all in-person events and meetings that were due to be held over coming months.
CAUL has created a 2020 Virtual Event Series to compensate for the cancellation of other events including the two Council meetings that were due to be held in March and September 2020.
News from CAUL and other organisations
News released in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and global health emergency by CAUL and other library organisations.
- IARLA Statement on Access to Digital Content for Education and Research During the Period of COVID-19 Response (22/4/2020)
- CAUL and AOASG welcome open access to scholarly content during the COVID-19 pandemic (21/4/2020)
- ANZ university libraries take innovative steps to enhance services while combating the spread of COVID-19 (1/4/2020)
- ANZ university libraries respond to COVID-19 pandemic (19/3/2020)
- TEQSA joint statement of principles for the higher education sector COVID-19 response (8/5/2020)
- CALD and LEAD call upon legal publishers to assist law schools to provide students with electronic access to e-books and e-resources with unlimited simultaneous users while law libraries remain closed as a result of COVID-19 (23/4/2020)
- Virginia Barbour (AOASG): Science publishing has opened up during the coronavirus pandemic. It won’t be easy to keep it that way (28/7/2020)
List of resources by other organisations.
- ALIA's list of responses by libraries
- CAUDIT list of resources and information
- 10-Day Trends in Academic Library Response to COVID19 by ITHAKA S+R
- Australian Collaborative Education Network Limited (ACEN) information and resources
- OCLC COVID-19 resources
- The Analysis and Policy Observatory (APO) are keeping track of COVID-19 policy and resources
- LIBER Response: Europe Must Take Urgent Copyright Law Action To Support Distance Learning & Research During the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- VALA - Industry Support during COVID-19
- SPARC Open COVID Pledge for research and education