Hear from three senior CAUL leaders about their experience of leadership in university libraries.
What does leadership look like in our profession, and what are our future library leadership challenges?
Clare Thorpe, Director, Library Services, Southern Cross University
Simon Huggard, Deputy Director, Library Services, Swinburne University of Technology
Coral Black, University Librarian, University of Newcastle
This facilitated panel session will bring together some of the key themes of the Learning from Bold Minds in Leadership series:
- Leadership experiences in times of uncertainty
- Thoughts on different styles of leadership and developing a personal and authentic approach
- Ways of thinking about hierarchies and identity as a leader
- Perspectives on how to lead from any position or seize opportunities in a variety of leadership contexts
- Attitudes to risk and failure
- Developing your own leadership values and philosophy
This is the final session in the Learning from Bold Minds in Leadership series, so don’t miss this chance to learn from our own library leaders!
Part of the Learning from Bold Minds in Leadership series
Learning from Bold Minds in Leadership is a leadership development opportunity for staff at all levels.
In times of change, uncertainty and complexity, strong leadership is critical - at all levels of the organisation. The Learning from Bold Minds in Leadership series has been designed to inspire and challenge you to be a bold and courageous leader, regardless of whether you hold a designated leadership role.