In pursuit of its mission, CAUL develops a national perspective on issues relevant to university libraries, provides a forum for discussion and collaboration and works to promote common interests.
The CAUL constitution (item 1.1.6) says that 'to establish and pursue a strategic plan...' is an important objective of CAUL.
Following a review of CAUL's committee structures & processes in 2010, the strategic plan was revised to take into account this new capacity and direction, and updated in late 2012 to take CAUL forward in 2013-2015. A complete review was undertaken in March 2014, resulting in a completely new approach to CAUL's strategic directions.
In 2016 CAUL conducted a review of its 2014-2016 strategy and in March 2017 two new strategic priorities were endorsed:
- Fair, affordable and open access to knowledge;
- Digital dexterity – the new skills for learning and research excellence
CAUL years in review
- CAUL 2017 - the year in review (in progress)
- CAUL 2016 - CAUL.About booklet (2016)
- CAUL 2015 - the year in review
- CAUL 2014 - the year in review
- CAUL 2013 - the year in review
- CAUL 2012 - the year in review
- CAUL 2011 - the year in review
- CAUL 2010 - the year in review
CAUL strategic plans (historical)
For earlier plans visit http://archive2010.caul.edu.au/about-caul/caul-strategic-plan/caul-strategic-plan-historical