Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and current global health emergency, along with many other organisations, CAUL has cancelled all in-person events and meetings that were due to be held over coming months. These include:
- Postponement of the FAIR Roundtable with government, funding agencies, the academies and various other bodies that was due to take place on 25 March. The Roundtable was to be hosted by CAUL in association with AOASG
- Conversion of the CAUL Board 2020/2 Meeting from an in-person meeting in Canberra to an online meeting via Zoom
- Cancellation of the CAUL 2020/1 and CAUL 2020/2 Council Meetings in March and September
- Postponement of the CAUL Indigenous Knowledge Symposium in June
- Other events such as the Negotiation & Influencing Skills Workshop and the Community Event (CAUL Research Repositories)
A quick survey of CAUL members has gathered some useful information about what libraries are planning to do if universities close campuses and continue to teach online. A summary of the responses to this survey are recorded in a survey report (PDF - Survey Monkey).