The statement asks publishers to consider:
- Making any relevant content and data sets about COVID-19, Coronaviruses (regardless of species affected), vaccines, antiviral drugs, etc. currently behind subscription-only paywalls Open Access immediately
- Removing and waiving all simultaneous user limit
- Lifting existing contractual ILL restrictions or photocopying limits
- Allowing the maximum extent of copyright limitations, exception and fair use, even if contractually restricted
And that publishers plan to:
- Allow flexible renewal periods and lengthened payment due dates
- Delay or minimize any planned price increases
- Develop plans to temporarily lift paywalls or develop alternative methods of authentication
- Lift campus-only restrictions
The full statement is publicly available for further viewing.
COVID-19 resources from CAUL Constorium vendors
Angus Cook, CAUL’s Content Procurement Manager has contacted all CAUL Consortium vendors and asked them to supply details of paywalled content that they are making freely available during the COVID-19 crisis. So far CAUL has had a very strong response from vendors and collated details in a list that has been forwarded to the CAUL Content Community. CAUL will continue to update the list as further content becomes available, and will also be alerting the community in regards to any lists from other consortia or organisations.