This training is for designated Community of Practice members from participating CAUL Member institutions.
CAUL has arranged two training sessions with Pressbooks: a beginner’s session on how to get started with PressbooksEDU, and an advanced publishing session for those who would like to use more advanced tools and features.
This is the event page for Training Session 1: Getting started with PressbooksEDU, please view and register for Pressbooks Training 2-Advanced PressbooksEDU Publishing by its event page. Both types of session include Q&A time for attendees at the end of the session.
Training Session 1: Getting started with PressbooksEDU
This session is designed for users who are new to Pressbooks and covers several introductory topics, including the following:
- Creating a new book
- Adding book information, metadata and selecting a license
- Creating front matter, back matter, parts, and chapters
- Using the editor to add and edit book content (creating headings, body text, links, media, footnotes, glossary terms, etc.)
- Using the features available (i.e. formatting math, adding media, embedding videos), as well as using the editor to add visual elements (i.e. textboxes, tables, glossary, footnotes)
- Importing content from other sources (Word documents, EPUBs, XML, other openly licensed Pressbooks titles, etc.)
- Cloning a book
- Changing a book’s theme and customizing its appearance on the web and in various export formats
- Producing and sharing export files (including ebook and PDF versions)
- How to use the Pressbooks directory