Wednesday, 31 August 2016
For news about CAUL and its activities, and those external to, but of immediate interest to CAUL, see the link to News and Events.
See also blogs from CAUL's advisory committees:
This page is for additional news about higher education and research, nationally and internationally, and the world of libraries in higher education and their wider environment.
31 August, 2016
- Job announcement: Cambridge University - University Librarian (and Director of Library Services). Job Reference Number 2690. For further information go to www.perrettlaver.com/candidates. The closing date for applications is midday (BST) on Tuesday 27th September 2016.
29 August, 2016
26 August, 2016
- 2016 September 15-16 Paris, France High Level Event on the Knowledge Triangle: Enhancing the Contribution of Higher Education and Research Institutions to Innovation. Organised by OECD’s Directorate for Science, Technology and Innovation, in co-operation with the Education and Skills Directorate. http://www.oecd.org/science/inno/knowledge-triangle.htm contact Florence Hourtouat for registrations, see the agenda for more details
24 August, 2016
- 24 Organisations Publish Open Letter on Essential Copyright Reforms. CAUL signed an Open Letter along with 23 organisations addressed to Senator Fifield, Minister for Communications and the Arts, congratulating him on his re-election and urging the prompt tabling of the Copyright Amendment (Disability Access and Other Measures) Bill by government before September 30th 2016. (AU)
15 August, 2016
11 August, 2016
- 2016 September 14-16 London, England ALPSP Conference 2016: scholarly communication and the art of collaboration. The conference is organised by the Association of Learned & Professional Society Publishers' (ALPSP) http://www.alpsp.org/Conference/
10 August, 2016
- Job announcement: State Library of NSW - Collection Development Coordinator. Applications close 24 August 2016. For further information see https://jobsnsw.taleo.net/careersection/all_jobs/jobsearch.ftl reference #00004MR7.
- 2017 February 20-21 London The Researcher to Reader Conference. This is the successor event to the annual conferences formerly hosted by the Association of Subscription Agents & Intermediaries (ASA) https://r2rconf.com/
- 2016 September 18-20 Calgary, AB 5th Designing Libraries Conference 'Designing Libraries for the 21st Century'. Organised by University of Calgary, North Carolina State University and CNI (Coalition of Networked Information) http://designinglibraries.ucalgary.ca/
6 August, 2016
25 July, 2016
19 July, 2016
18 July, 2016
- 2016 July 10-16 Kraków, Poland International Digital Humanities 2016. The conference is hosted jointly by the Jagiellonian University and the Pedagogical University of Kraków http://dh2016.adho.org/
13 July, 2016
- Article processing charges (APCs) and subscriptions: Monitoring open access costs. May 2016. Katie Shamash, Jisc (UK)
- Organising Interests in Australia. Organised interest systems that seek to influence public policy-making are undergoing rapid transformation. Some researchers focus on the post-war professionalisation of advocacy; others suggest that the internet is positively (re)shaping the structure of such systems and their democratic capacities. This project adjudicates on such accounts through exploring the size and composition, through time, of the Australian system of organised interests. The project [DP140104097] was funded by the ARC Discovery scheme. Australian National University (AU)
12 July, 2016
11 July, 2016
8 July, 2016
7 July, 2016
- 2016 August 24-26 Melbourne ALLA 2016. Hosted by the Australian Law Librarians’ Association (ALLA) http://allaconference.com.au/2016/
- 2017 July 5-7 Patras, Greece LIBER 2017. Organised by LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche – Association of European Research Libraries) and hosted by the Library & Information Centre, University of Patras http://liber2017.lis.upatras.gr/
- 2016 November 18 Toowoomba Connect - Create - Curate: a one day symposium exploring open educational practice and libraries. Organised by University of Southern Queensland http://www.usq.edu.au/connect-create-curate
4 July, 2016
27 June, 2016
- 2016 August 10-13 Los Angeles, FL National Diversity in Libraries Conference (NDLC). Hosted by the University of California, Los Angeles Library and the Association of Research Libraries. For more information http://ndlc.info/program
23 June, 2016
22 June, 2016
16 June, 2016
3 June, 2016
See more at What Was New in 2016 ....