This page provides a short introduction to CAUL's visual identiy which guides the banding and imagery that you will see on our website, newsletter and other material. The visual identiy has been created using a persona (the robot) developed through a series of short statements that capture CAUL’s outstanding characteristics.
- Not a librarian or a library,
- An association of people not books, who are leaders and experts in their profession
- On a mission to empower (weaponise) its members by giving them a voice, and tools for advocacy, leadership and practice
- Quirky, creative, intelligent, professional and a little nerdy
- Calm with a measured temperament
- A leader who commands expertise and experience
- Bold, assertive and is not afraid to speak out on issues that matter to them
- Opinionated but always prepared to listen and compromise
- Excited by change, and sees disruption as an opportunity
- An optimist who wears a smile and sees the brighter side of things
- Really into technology, science fiction and the future.
This conceptualisation guides the incrimental development of a visual system used for creating communication materials. The intention is to create a natural ‘look’ that develops over time along with the persona. Materials produced so far include a  2017 Booklet,  2019 A4 Flyer and  Poster as shown below (click to download).