The History of University Library Australia
Monday, 18 August 2008
University Library Australia came into effect 1 July 2001.
The following documents provide the background to its establishment.
CAUL Strategic Plan March, 1999
"2. Establish a framework and develop a business model for a national universities borrowing scheme."
Issues paper presented at CAUL Meeting November, 1999 - Alison Ransome (Southern Cross University)
Outline of current regional schemes in place to November 1999.
Proposal to CAUL - March, 2001 - Alison Ransome (Southern Cross University)
- CAUL agreed to establish a National Borrowing Scheme from 1 July 2001
- CAUL Members agreed to indemnify other CAUL insitutions for their own defaulting borrowers
- Working Group established 8 March 2001, meeting 2-3 April 2001
- Alison Ransome , Chair
- Beth Marnane , University of Technology, Sydney
- Diane Costello , CAUL, Convenor
- Imogen Garner , University of Western Australia
- Jan Gordon , Australian Defence Force Academy, UNSW
- Judy Stokker, Queensland University of Technology replaced in 2002 by Sharon Lenord, University of the Sunshine Coast as QULOC representative.
- Stephen Beaumont , University of Adelaide
- Tony Arthur , University of Melbourne replaced in 2004 by David Black, Deakin University
Review of ULA, July-September, 2002