Kluwer Online now Springer
Wednesday, 3 May 2006
This page is primarily for the information of CAUL/CEIRC members who wish to subscribe to this publisher's products and/or services. It provides information about offers to CAUL and CAUL-specific pricing, and links to relevant pages on the publisher's own web site. For other information, please go directly to Kluwer Online.
See also Offers to CAUL/CEIRC - Licences - Technical/Sales Support - Statistics
NEWS. From: firstname.lastname@example.org on behalf of Blondel, Alexandra, SV USA [Alexandra.Blondel@springer-sbm.com]
Sent: Thursday, 10 February 2005 11:14 AM
Subject: Completed Migration: Kluwer Journals now on SpringerLink
Springer is pleased to announce that, effective February 8th, we havecompleted the migration of over 750 Kluwer Online journals to our new andimproved content site, SpringerLink, www.springerlink.com, resulting inone of the world's largest collections of scientific, technical andmedical literature. We would like to take this opportunity to inform youabout some changes you will experience.
Legacy URL Conversion/IP Ranges (for former Kluwer Online journals)
* Thanks to our Legacy Converter, there is no need to change librarybibliographic systems. Kluwer Online URLs (http://www.kluweronline.com/...) will automatically be rerouted to thecorresponding page on SpringerLink, at the journal, issue and articlelevel.
* Kluwer Online will now redirect to SpringerLink.
* Your access rights for subscriptions, consortia licenses, and IP rangeshave been completely migrated to SpringerLink.
Springer Online Journal Archives
* Springer is expanding our online contents by providing an Online JournalArchive of all English language scientific articles published before 1997from Volume 1, Issue 1 onward.
* With the launch of the new SpringerLink, the first journal archives(journals articles published before 1997) have become available. Everyjournal with historic content now has two entries: one for current andcontemporary articles (1997-2005) and one for the archives (indicated asHistorical Archive). In January more than a half million back articleswere available in SpringerLink, and each month about 150,000 new backarticles will be added.
* The total project is estimated to digitize about 2 million back articlesand will be finished in the autumn of 2005.
Online Reference Works and eBooks
* The Online Reference Works and eBooks sites that were formerly featuredon Kluwer Online will retain all their current functionality as a part ofSpringerLink. New titles from Springer (the merged Springer-Verlag -Kluwer company) will be added continuously as usual.
* Browse Online eBooks at ebooks.springerlink.com.
* Browse Online Reference Works at reference.springerlink.com.
To learn more about Springer's products and services, please contact aLicensing Manager or visit our Web site at http://www.springeronline.com.
For further information, or should you have any questions, pleasecontact the SpringerLink Helpdesk:
Outside The Americas
CAUL licence (10/9/03, updated 1/10/03, final 12/12/03) (Walk-in users are permitted for both Springer and Kluwer. Confirmed 27/2/05)
DRAFT licence Appendix C (27/10/03)
Statistics Shortly you should receive the stats for the initial members, this should occur on the 15/16 of each month. We maybe able to include all the members with this month's stats. Otherwise we'll see their usage in the next month's report. Kevin Steiner 15/1/04
Any problems, contact Wouter.vanderVelde@springer-sbm.com (24/11/05)
Statistics Procedures [to February 2005 only] (11/3/04)
Statistics - 2005, January to date (25/7/05, updated monthly thereafter)
Statistics - 2006, January to date (3/5/06, updated monthly thereafter)
CAUL Pricing / Offers to CAUL/CEIRC
Members can link to the following from the documents display below.
Kluwer Online Reference Works
Offer to CEIRC via iGroup (2/6/04)
Kluwer Online Journals
Kluwer invoice details for 2006 (14/10/05)
Springer/Kluwer price list for 2005 (9/9/04)
Kluwer Invoice details for 2005 (26/11/04)
The current offer to CEIRC participants, excluding the Go8 who have a separate agreement, is available (4/9/03).
CEIRC Holdings & participation responses N.B. 7.3mb file (updated 12/12/03)
Members' Print Subscriptions for 2004 (15/4/04)
Invoice Summary for 2004 (15/4/04)
If Kluwer's version of the holdings is inaccurate, please supply the current list of your holdings, in print, in online only, in print & online. If there are only a few discrepancies, please just list those. Send to the CAUL Office.
2004 subscriptions. Any renewals through agents should be cancelled prior to November 15, 2003. Any 2004 print subscriptions should be replaced with agents at the DDP rate. For details, please see letter from Kevin Steiner (30/10/03)
Invoices Issue of an invoice from Kluwer (and subsequent invoicing by CAUL) is pending the final application of print payments against electronic subscriptions. CAUL will be sent a statement detailing all such applications prior to the issue of the invoice, so all will be able to check its accuracy. (VALA discussion 3/2/04)
MARC records are not available from Kluwer (VALA discussion 3/2/04)
Persistent URLs A list of URLs for Kluwer 2003 titles (minus new start-ups) is now available - the URL for the current TOC and a list of all the issues available electronically. (11/2/04)
At the moment we don't allow linking to the articles directly, or the abstracts. However, we will soon have a "Tell a Colleague" button on every content page in our Journals platform and that will email a link directly to whatever page you are sending. That will be available in the begining of Q2. (13/2/04)
Our site is Open URL compatible so you can use SFX. (13/2/04)
Co-Branding. Yes, with each of our products we're able to co-brand with the library or library consortium. If there is a logo/emblem that you would like to place on the webpage, we can do that. If you have a file you can send me I'll get it included. Kevin Steiner 15/1/04