JSTOR Current Scholarship Program
Wednesday, 1 October 2014
CSP Complimentary 2012 Access for New 2013 orders place by September 1st
As an incentive for early 2013 orders (for 2012 titles, not new 2013 titles), we’re offering complimentary 2012 access for new orders placed by September 1st! Order and payment must be received by September 1, 2012 and access will be activated upon receipt. Titles new in 2013 are NOT included. (Dawn Tomassi, 21/7/12)
JSTOR CSP Titles
CSP individual subs to be handled directly by JSTOR
From 2012 and going forward, CAUL will handle only orders for JSTOR Current Collections or current content packages (i.e. publisher packages such as the Complete Chicago Package, all of the University of California Press titles or any of the others that are now available for the first time starting in 2012). (29/8/11)
CSP now available through EBSCO
Birmingham, Ala. – August 5, 2010 – EBSCO is pleased to announce that library customers can purchase subscriptions to titles in JSTOR’s Current Scholarship Program (CSP). Pricing and title lists can be obtained via EBSCONET®, an EBSCO representative or from the JSTOR website.
This page is primarily for the information of CAUL/CEIRC members who wish to subscribe to this publisher's products and/or services. It provides information about offers to CAUL and CAUL-specific pricing, and links to relevant pages on the publisher's own web site. For other information, please go directly to JSTOR Current Scholarship Program.
See also Offers to CAUL/CEIRC - Licences - Technical/Sales Support - Statistics
JSTOR Current Scholarship Program (CSP) - general information and FAQ (15/2/11)
CSP Product Options (important details): Currently 174 titles from 19 publishers are available for the 2011 subscription year, via the following products:
- Current Collections: Traditional journal subscriptions from multiple publishers bundled as collections that match JSTOR archive collections (e.g. A&S I Current). Pricing is set at the sum of all titles in the collection.
- Current Collection – Full Run: A Current Collection, plus backfiles of each individual title within that Collection. The price for current content is set by the publishers, and the backfile pricing is set by JSTOR.
- Single Title – Current: A traditional current journal subscription. Available in electronic, plus P+E or P-only for some titles. Pricing is set by the publisher.
- Single Title – Full Run: The complete run of a single title (Volume 1, Issue 1 through the current issue). Pricing is the sum of the publisher-established price for 2011 volumes + JSTOR-established fee for backfile volumes.
A current subscription to titles or collections in CSP will include access to all “born digital” content for the title (content originally published in electronic form, outside of an aggregation). This date varies from publisher to publisher. Access is provided from that date forward through the current subscription year, with new issues added according to the publisher’s own publication schedule.
To order JSTOR CSP:
New JSTOR participants will need to complete and submit the Subscription Order Form and the JSTOR Participation Agreement that includes Schedule A-2.
Current JSTOR Participants will need only to submit Schedule A-2. Participants that have already submitted Schedule A-2 do not need to submit this form again. (13/9/12)
The Current Scholarship Program Schedule A-2 document needs to be signed only once and afterwards members can then place orders either directly with JSTOR/CAUL or with an agent.
Access to Current Issues shall be available to Institutions following the Institution’s cancellation or non-renewal of a Subscription to the applicable Publication (“Post Cancellation Access”). The scope of an Institution’s Post Cancellation Access is as set forth in JSTOR’s Terms and Conditions of Use, available at http://www.jstor.org/page/info/about/policies/terms.jsp, which terms for Post-Cancellation Access shall supersede any and all previous post-cancellation language set forth in prior agreements between Licensee and JSTOR.
Contact: Dawn Tomassi, Senior Institutional Participation Coordinator, Australia, New Zealand + Asia, JSTOR|Portico (27/9/12)
We’ve compiled resources and information on the transition for libraries and library vendors at: http://about.jstor.org/participate-jstor/libraries/csp-transition, which includes links to other resources and an FAQ. (10/12/10)
The CSP publishers with existing publishing platforms will implement URL redirects to JSTOR. JSTOR is also working with the vendors of link resolvers and other library products to ensure that their knowledge bases are updated with the appropriate JSTOR URLs. We recommend that libraries update any manually-created links. A list of existing journal URLs and new JSTOR URLs may be downloaded at http://about.jstor.org/sites/default/files/CurrentScholarshipProgram_2011_URLs.xls (10/12/10)
CSP Recorded Webinar: see “training resources” and then “ recorded webinars” for a link to the webinar at http://www.jstor.org/page/info/resources/librarians/training.jsp#CSP
CSP trial access and samples:
- JSTOR will accept E-only trial orders from Institutions only and will allow the potential subscriber access to the Publication(s) for a 30-day period, renewable for another 30 days. If the potential subscriber does not place an order by the end of the 60-day period, JSTOR will terminate access. If the trial does convert to a Subscription order, JSTOR will invoice the Institution for a full 12-month subscription, including the issues already served.
- For P+E orders, JSTOR will forward all account information necessary for fulfilling the print subscription, as well as, if Publisher wishes, requests for sample copies of the print version.
Usage statistics for CSP journals will be available from JSTOR beginning January 1, 2011 or upon release for titles that become available after that date. CSP publishers currently providing usage statistics to their existing sites will continue to provide access to them on those sites while they remain available. When those sites close, libraries will be able to gain access to the statistics for those sites by contacting either the publisher or JSTOR.
CAUL Pricing / Offers to CAUL/CEIRC
Members-only documents may be viewed from the display at the end of this page.
From 2012, CAUL handles only orders for JSTOR CSP packages, not for individual titles.
JSTOR CSP 2015 Publisher Packages pricing for CAUL (1/10/14) [Members only]
JSTOR Current Scholarship 2015 proposal for CAUL (1/10/14) [Members only]
See also 2015 Pricing and Ordering Matrix (1/10/14)
JSTOR CSP 2014 Publisher Packages pricing for CAUL (3/10/13) [Members only]
JSTOR Current Scholarship 2014 Proposal for CAUL (3/10/13) [Members only]
See also 2014 Pricing and Ordering Matrix (3/10/13)
JSTOR 2013 Archive, Primary Source Content & Current Scholarship Program Proposal for CAUL (31/8/12) [Members only]
See also 2013 Consortial Savings, Pricing and Ordering Matrix (2/9/12)
UCalifornia Press 2012 pricing via JSTOR CSP (18/11/11) [Members only]
JSTOR CSP 2012 pricing for CAUL (16/10/11) [Members only]
See 2012 Current Scholarship Program (CSP) Details for CAUL and CONZUL Members (16/10/11)
JSTOR 2011 Current Scholarship Program pricing(25/7/10)
- see also template for placing orders with CSP via CAUL (26/10/10) [Members only