Friday, 28 September 2012
This page is primarily for the information of CAUL/CEIRC members who wish to subscribe to this publisher's products and/or services. It provides information about offers to CAUL and CAUL-specific pricing, and links to relevant pages on the publisher's own web site. For other information, please go directly to GeoScienceWorld.
See also Offers to CAUL/CEIRC - Licences - Technical/Sales Support - Statistics
GeoScienceWorld (GSW) is a comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences. It is built on a core database aggregation of peer-reviewed journals indexed, linked, and inter-operable with GeoRef. It is a nonprofit corporation formed by a group of leading geoscientific organizations for the purpose of making geoscience research and related information easily and economically available via the Internet. GSW is an unprecedented collaboration of six leading earth science societies and one institute.
The Founding Organizations:
· American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG),
· American Geological Institute (AGI),
· Geological Society of America (GSA),
· The Geological Society of London (GSL),
· Mineralogical Society of America (MSA),
· Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM), and
· Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
There are 2 components to GSW –
1. The Journals (includes full details, years of full-text available, etc (28/9/12)
2. The GeoRef Database. Established by the American Geological Institute in 1966, provides access to the geoscience literature of the world. GeoRef is the most comprehensive bibliographic database in the geosciences and continues to grow by more than 80,000 references a year (85,000 in 2004). The database contains over 2.6 million references to geoscience journal articles, books, maps, conference papers, reports and theses. In addition, GSW provides access to GeoRef in Process, a database of bibliographic records that are currently being edited and reviewed for inclusion in GeoRef.
From GSW FAQ 26/11/08: You may either purchase it as a separate product from any of the many vendors available or you may purchase it with GSW for an additional fee. GeoRef is an integral part of GSW, and we only need to make sure that you have a paid subscription to it somewhere. There are many reasons some libraries choose to keep a separate subscription to GeoRef; in that case the library has access to GeoRef both as part of GSW and as a separate product.
GeoScienceWorld 2012 Subscriber License Agreement (via Swets, 21/9/12)
GSW 2012 response to CEIRC survey re licence conditions (via Swets, 21/9/12, updated 26/9/12) [Members only]
GeoScienceWorld 2011 Subscriber License Agreement (under review, via DMedia, 23/5/11)
GSW 2011 licence amendment - change of agent (21/9/11) [Members only]
GSW 2011 response to CEIRC survey re licence conditions (via DMedia, 23/5/11) [Members only]
GSW licence (11/9/05)
Sales Support: Swets Information Services (21/9/12)
GeoScience World have also provided a direct contact for libraries for outside Australian working hours. The GSW contact would be Susan Nelson. Phone: +1 800-857-2591 (24/8/12)
CAUL Pricing / Offers to CAUL/CEIRC
Members only documents may be viewed from the display at the end of this page.
GeoScienceWorld 2013 pricing for CAUL (via Swets, 21/9/12) [Members only]
GeoScienceWorld 2012 pricing for CAUL - includes tier descriptions for GSW & GeoRef (via DMedia, 27/10/11) [Members only]
GeoScienceWorld 2011 proposal for CAUL (via DMedia, 21/9/11, updated 27/10/11) [Members only]
GeoScienceWorld 2011 pricing for CAUL (via DMedia, 23/5/11) [Members only]
Subscription Information - sold through ProQuest worldwide (26/11/08) [Members only]
GSW Pricing Tiers (26/11/08)
GeoScienceWorld Journal Titles, Journals Database Pricing & Royalties, Pricing Tiers, and GeoRef Pricing. (11/9/05)
Offer for GeoScienceWorld (via CSA, 11/10/05) Pricing spreadsheet from CSA. [Members only]
Offer for GeoScienceWorld (via iGroup, 11/9/05) [Members only]
CEIRC institutions tier classification (11/9/05)