Current vacancy in the CAUL Office - Applications now closed
Tuesday, 12 April 2016
Communication & Policy Officer (HEW/ANUO 6/7), Council of Australian University Librarians (Canberra, ACT)
The Council of Australian University Librarians (CAUL) is seeking an experienced professional who possesses excellent communication and advocacy skills and can actively contribute to the effective functioning of selected CAUL committees while working in a small, yet dynamic team environment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate their considerable proficiency in written and oral communications in a multi-channel communications environment. The role requires outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build and sustain stakeholder relationships. An understanding of academic libraries and/or the Australian higher education sector will, therefore, distinguish applicants.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working within the CAUL network, including with CAUL members, library suppliers and other stakeholders in the higher education, research and library communities;
- Influencing stakeholders and promoting advocacy through strategic communications and engagement initiatives;
- Providing executive support to selected CAUL Committees.
The position is located at the Australian National University. The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit http://hr.anu.edu.au/staff-equity
In order to apply for this role go to the ANU Jobs Site (applications will only be accepted online) and please make sure that you upload the following:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: Applications for this position will only be accepted from those with Australian residency or a valid work permit.
The position was formally advertised 24March 2016, and applications will close 11 April 2016.
To find out more about the position and the team, please go to the website.
See also the Position Description and the Pre-Employment Work Environment Report.
For further information, please contact the Executive Officer, Diane Costello, on (02) 6125 2990 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Word version of this advertisement.